Skip Hire and Waste Management Specialists

Who Do You Report For Fly Tipping


Fly-tipping is waste that is thrown away on private/public property. This may be anything from a little bag of waste to an undesired bed or deteriorated settee and includes any commercial or trade rubbish. Fly-tipping is an offence against the law – assist us to put an end to this.

In case you are a resident and you must dispose of undesired household elements from your land, you can check our Household Recycling Centres (HRCs) seven days a week, between 9am to 5pm. We perform a free e-permit method, so please check in case the automobile you are coming in is authorised to access the locations or needs a license.

Commercial or trade rubbish are not received at our Household Recycling Centres (HRCs). For further details on your obligations in disposing of your commercial/trade rubbish, check our commercial rubbish website.

Discounted Bulky Rubbish Collection

As part of the Pride in Our Community plan, we have made a vow to tackle the problem of fly-tipping. We are currently providing discounted bulky rubbish collections to individuals who hold a Telford Loyalty Card (TLC), are 65 years old or over, or are getting a council tax support/housing benefit.
What Occurs To Fly-Tippers?

Criminals may, and will, be taken into court under the Environmental Protection Act 1990.

Any person considered guilty and convicted in a Magistrates Court could deal with a penalty of up to £50,000 and/or 12 months in jail. In case convicted in a Crown Court, you could deal with an indefinite penalty and/or a prison sentence of up to five years.

Were you aware that in case your waste is fly-tipped, you could also be prosecuted? Even in case you did not dump it or are aware that it was going to be dumped.

To assure that you are keeping in the confined of the law and prevent a penalty, make some inspections on anyone who is going to take your rubbish and use a certified waste carrier in case you have got waste that you need to get rid of.

Under the Environment Protection Act 1990 section 34, individuals should assure that any rubbish gathered from their property is taken by a certified waste carrier. You could be prone to a penalty of up to £5,000 for nor doing so.

In case you are hiring someone to get rid of your residence waste, you may:
Ask to check their rubbish carrier licence registration permit
Contact 08708 506 506 and ask for a rubbish carrier authorisation check for the individual.

Look at them online at the Environmental Agency website.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.